Jun 3, 2011

The Best Moroccan Seasoning I have found

I love to shop at a place called Marshalls.  It is one of those stores that has closeout items and sometimes you can find the best stuff.  I have found a few Moroccan items there and one of these items is a blend of spices which I just love.  It is by Victoria Taylor Seasonings.  What if you cannot find this where you live, you ask?  Well you can order it from here. It has paprika, cumin, ginger, and caraway seeds and a host of other spices in the blend.


My favorite way to use it is with baked chicken with vegetables.  This is what I do:  I take the skin off the chicken, I don't like it.  First I rub the chicken with vegetable oil or olive oil. Next, I sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and the Moroccan spice blend to my taste.  I bake for about 30 mintues in a 350 degree oven.  Then I cut up my favorite vegetables.  I like to put in onion, celery, parsley, cilantro, garlic, turnips, carrots, potatoes, zucchini or any combination of vegetables that you like. Sprinkle a little more oil, salt, pepper and the Moroccan Spice Blend.  Bake until the vegetables are tender.  Oh my, what a wonderful dinner.  I like to eat it with cornbread, but you can serve it with any bread that you like.  Then light some candles, pour a refreshing drink and enjoy.


4 comments:

  1. this is a great recipe. Thank you to share this with us. You are a great woman, with a great spirit. GOD (Allah) bless your life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite meals and trust me I make it often. Thanks so much for the compliments, I am deeply touched. Shukrun. Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this stuff! i have 5 jars of it lol. i use it for zaalouk mostly. sorry i'm attacking your blog its a snow day and its interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 jars in the cabinet myself. I will have to try it on zaalouk too, sounds delicious. I am glad that you found me. I try hard to make it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744