Dec 15, 2012

Meatloaf with Bob Evans Sausage and Lea & Perrins Steak Sauce


My mother was a wonderful cook and I enjoyed most of the dishes that she created. However, my mother would make meatloaf and it was lathered with ketchup. I must confess something.  Ketchup is distasteful to me. Yep, I just don't like it. I don't keep it in my house either.  So, what I did was trade ketchup for steak sauce. Oh, what a difference that made. Then I traded the traditional all ground beef version for hot sausage and ground sirloin. The sausage gives it quite a nice flavor.  Sometimes, I use Italian breadcrumbs too or get fresh bread crumbs from a local bakery.  I have been making my meatloaf this way for years and really like it. 

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef, I use ground sirloin or ground round
1/2 pound of Bob Evans hot sausage or whatever sausage is your favorite
1 small onion, chopped
sal/pepper to taste
1 egg
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1-2 cloves of minced garlic
4-5 dashes of  Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce or your favorite brand
3-4 tbs of Lea & Perrins Steak Sauce or your favorite brand


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, place all of the ingredients and mix well.  Spread the beef mixture in a loaf pan.  Pour an additional 2-3 tbs of the steak sauce on top and spread across to the edge.  I used a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 loaf pan.  Bake about 1 hour or until done.  Remove from pan and serve.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744