Feb 19, 2013

Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash


Not very long ago I had spaghetti squash in a restaurant.  It was sauteed with oil and spices.  I thought that it was superb.  Then I went home and thought about the spices I like and here is my version.

1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and take the seeds out
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tbs Italian parsley, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbs olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 cup of Italian blend cheese, or Parmesan

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the squash in half.  Take out all of the seeds and the strings.   Place on a large pan that has been covered with aluminum foil.  I put a bit of oil on the foil so that the squash wouldn't stick.


Then place the squash face down. Rub a bit of oil on the skin and put into the oven.


Allow it to cook for about 50-60 minutes, or when a fork or knife is inserted into the skin and it is soft.


With two forks, one for holding and one for scraping, remove the spaghetti like strands from the squash bowls.  Place a large non stick pan on medium heat.  Add 2-3 tbs of oil, when hot, add the garlic and lightly toast.  Then add the parsley, squash, cumin cheese, salt and pepper.  Toss so that it is evenly coated with the oil and spices.  Sprinkle a little more cheese over the top and serve immediately.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. When I bake spaghetti squash I leave it whole, and just take a knife and poke a couple holes in it so it won't explode in the oven. This keeps all the juices in the squash. Then when its finished baking I cut it open and clean the seeds out.
    I will have to try your recipe, it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have boiled them too, but it got to be a big hassle and in danger of spilling hot water on myself.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744