Feb 4, 2013

Downton Abbey...Lover of all things English


I have been a Masterpiece Theater fan ever since I was a teenager. I grew up watching Upstairs,DownstairsPoldark, Brideshead Revisited, Wives & Daughters, and now Downton Abbey.   

Joss Barratt/Carnival Film & Television

I am a bit slow when it came to watching Downton Abbey, more like 2 seasons too late.  However, once I watched the first episode, I was hooked.  Then I watched the first season on Netflix. The second season on Amazon. All this while watching the third season, which is currently on air.
 
Photograph: Carnival Films/ITV Photograph: Nick Briggs
 Maggie Smith's character makes me laugh all of the time with her great one liners.  "It seems a pity to miss such a good pudding."  Said the Dowager Countess as her son, Lord Grantham, stood in the doorway demanding that his family leave the house because the maid serving them had been a prostitute. Not a soul moves.  I laugh.
  
Joss Barratt/Carnival Film & Television

I think that I have a terrible crush on Mr. Bates. I, also, would like Cora to show enough emotion, being an American, that is note worthy enough to be seen on YouTube. For example: Shouting at her husband while in the parking lot at Wal-Mart. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744