Apr 30, 2012

Goodbye Morris...


Morris, my precious "little feller" passed away yesterday.  I took him into my home and heart last March.  This past week he became very ill and stopped eating.  Yesterday, I took him to the emergency pet hospital to learn that he had a rare form of FIV (feline autoimmune virus) or AIDS for cats.  I tried to think of every way possible to save my little companion but there was no hope. To prolong his life would prolong his suffering. I just couldn't do that to him. Morris came at a time when I needed him the most. We literally saved each other, he needed food and shelter and I needed love and companionship. I will miss him very much.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss, it hurts to lose beloved pet. Happened with a stray cat my daughter and I was feeding for a few years. He was also a Tiger cat, big with huge white paws and one crossed-eye...gentle as could be. We got him neutered so he would stay near and not fight but it was too late, he had the Lenti virus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. He was my very first pet. I remember the first day I let him in the house. He meowed as he went from room to room as if he was commenting on the house. Sadly, Morris would howl just to be able to go outside.I never would have thought he would end up with AIDS.I am so sorry to hear about your loss too. I am going to look up Lenti Virus, I have not heard of it. I have been thinking of getting another cat but it is still too soon to consider it. Again, thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Ahh sorry to hear.
    We lost I cat last year (He believe he was killed by a fox as we have forest in our back yard).

    We adopted two kittens later on who resemble our lost tabby cat. We keep them indoors.

    It breaks your heart the lost of a pet its part of the family.
    Isabelle Yasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was the best pet for me too. I think that in the fall I will go looking for a kitten. With the house project going on, it is a bit hectic to try and keep up with a cat at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744