Sep 30, 2011

Potato Soup of the Extraordinary Kind

I love to eat.  I love to cook just as much.  When I cook, I feel fulfilled in some kind of weird way.  If I am not cooking then something is wrong with me.  I have been like this for as long as I can remember.  Lately, my cooking comes and goes.  But I think cooking is making its way back into the forefront of my life. After all, we have to eat to live.  One night at a church the most incredible potato soup was offered.  It was smooth and richly flavored. " Who made this?"  I asked.  I asked for the recipe and was promised to receive it via my brother.   Houston, we have a problem.  If it is left up to my brother to bring me something I might as well forget about ever seeing it. Oh he lived up to it alright.  It took me about 3 months to get this recipe and that was after I threatened to call the police.  Anyway, it is filling and easy to make.  Give it a try.


Potato Soup
6 cups of water

7 chicken bouillon cubes

1 tsp dill

salt\pepper to taste,  I didn't use any salt, the bouillon and cheese had just the right amount of salt for me

3-4 garlic cloves, minced

1 pkg of Ore Idaho Potatoes O'Brien or 3-4 potatoes cut into cubes, 1/4 each of red bell pepper and green bell pepper, chopped and 1 onion chopped, saute for about 5 minutes with the garlic

2 pkg 8 oz cream cheese

Combine the water and bouillon cubes in a soup pot over medium heat.  Add the cream cheese, cut it into cubes. Simmer until the cream cheese has dissolved.  Next, add the dill, garlic, potatoes, onion, and peppers.  Simmer on medium heat until the potatoes are tender.  Enjoy! Serve with a salad and crispy bread.  

P.S. You can add 1 cup of bacon pieces to this, I don't eat pork, so I omitted this from my recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744