Sep 25, 2011

El Salam Alikoum

A few years back there was a song in the movie Vanity Fair with Reese Witherspoon and James Purefoy that stuck in my mind.  There was a belly dance scene with beautiful costumes and figures to die for. The singers were singing es es salam alikoum, es es salam alikoum.  It kept going over and over in my head.  The other day I bought a Cd called Bellydance Superstars that had this same song on it.  It is called El Salam by Hazim. This singer is from Egypt.  He has the nicest smile I have ever seen on anyone and looks like he would be fun to know.  Since I have bought the CD I have listened to this song about 50 times.  I know that I am bit old to do things like this but...


I enjoy listening to all kinds of music even if I have no idea what is being said.  Sometimes it is the music alone that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744