Aug 19, 2013

Expanding with Photography


Last year, I bought a Canon EOS 300D, I think it is about 7-8 years old.  I gave away my Canon Powershot because I just couldn't get the kind of results that I wanted to.  When one of my co-workers lent me her husband's camera, I was hooked.  I know that the camera doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the latest models have, but it was at least a start until I can get the camera that I want.
 

I have my eye on the Canon 60D and if things go well I will have it at the beginning of the year.  On more than one occasion, I have had photographers tell me that it isn't really the camera itself, but the lens that is the most important factor in photography.  I think that she is right.  



So, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a zoom lens.  I was amazed how much better my pictures have been turning out. 



I read a magazine called Artful Blogging and I have seen a lot of inspirational works of art in their publication.  Digitally there is so much one can do to a photograph.  In this month's issue there is a blogger by the name of Jamie Jamison of ala Jamie does a unique technique of using digital scrapbook paper and photographs that I really like.  I know that I need to practice, but here is my first try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744