Mar 22, 2013

Music of my Youth and a Whole lot of Shaking Going on...

Music is such a big part of my life, especially when I was young.  We grew up listening to Jerry Lee Lewis, Conway Twitty, Elvis, Merle Haggard, and Dolly Parton.  I loved to listen to Donny Osmond, Barry Manilow, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Tom Jones.  I would wake up very early in the morning and put a Barry Manilow record on, singing right along with him while I got ready for school.  It would drive my family crazy.  In those days, we played albums on a record player.  I had one that was portable and I would take it with me outside on the porch so that I could continue listening to my favorite singers. 

Yesterday, I looked at videos of Jerry Lee Lewis on line. As I wrote before, my dad was a big fan of his.  There isn't a record out there of Jerry Lee that my dad didn't have. I found a video that made me laugh, clap my hands, and shake my stuff. Plus Tom Jones was in the video too. I liked Tom Jones as a girl, besides he was gorgeous. While watching the videos, my thoughts took me back to a time when I remember dancing with my mother and brother in the living room. I was a teenager then and dancing with ones mother was not cool. But we didn't care. The music was loud. I grabbed my mom's hand and we would dance to the music together.  The video is from 1969 and honestly, I love going back and listening to this music. It has soul, part of my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744