Aug 6, 2012

Will how I dress cause me to go to hell?

I just recently read an article about religious clothing.  Many little girls are forced to wear a veil in Morocco so that they will not be harassed. One little girl's mother said that she needs to get used to it while she is young, otherwise she will go to hell.


We have this same kind of thinking here in the states.  There are Amish people, penecostals, and Jews, while there are probably many more groups that I cannot think of at the moment. Each group believes that they are the "chosen ones". Aren't we all chosen?  I have been told that if I didn't wear a dress or skirt all of the time I, too, would go to hell.  Really? Oh no, you cannot wear makeup either. Why do women have to sacrifice so much in this life?


Do you think that God\Allah is so concerned about our outward appearance that we would be sentenced to a life of torment?  Maybe this is hell already.  We seem to go to extremes to try and please God.  What about our hearts?  What about living a pure life, where we try to be "good"? I just don't understand people.  We are supposed to be individuals.  Yet we live our lives according to what "they" are doing or live how "they" say we are to live.  Do you understand what I am talking about? We rely on religious leaders to guide us.  Yet we have the same connection to God\Allah as they do. 


What we wear really has nothing to do with the next life.  Many times it is a prideful thing.  You are saying, "look at me, I am religious, I have a connection with the Almighty".  What are your thoughts?   

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not sure what your beliefs are, but I am a follower of Jesus Christ. You are right-our clothing has absolutely nothing to do with salvation. The fact of the matter is that Jesus died for our sins, rose again, and is alive today, interceding for those who believe this with their whole hearts. But that does not mean that we are to continue looking and acting like an unbeliever. We are to dress modestly, so we do not cause anyone to stumble by causing lustful thoughts. 1 Corinthians 11 teaches that a woman is to wear a headcovering when she prays. God convicted me of how I dressed, and led me to wearing a headcovering last year. Does it save me? Absolutely not! Only the blood of Jesus Christ saves me...but I am still going to walk in the obedience and try my best to be holy, for He is holy, and as a Christian, I am to imitate Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is a good thing to do whatever is in your heart to do when it comes to your religion. Doing certain things makes one feel closer to God, whether it is dressing a certain way, abstaining from various foods or drinks or anything else that comes to your mind. When we are forced to abide by rules that is when I have problems. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744