Aug 24, 2012

Shelley Galbreath: Small Devotional Tackling Big Issues


Shelley Galbreath is an inspiration to me.  A petite woman with a big heart. We reach for God in many ways. Shelley does her reaching through her writing.  When I first met her, I was awed that someone with such a gift ended up working with me in an office full of constantly ringing phones. I am so glad that she did. She wrote a book called, Discouraged Mom's Devotions to Go. It is a small pocket sized book of encouragement. Haphazardly, I opened the book and the first page I see is about forgiveness. Oh this book is talking to me already.  As I read through her book, I realize that there are so many areas in my life that really needs work, especially forgiveness, which seems to be the hardest.  We never fully acheive the "godliness" in life that we would like, at least I haven't. However, we should never give up trying.  This book is small enough to keep in your purse or car to pull out whenever you need to read something uplifting and only have a few minutes.  I keep mine beside my bed.


Shelley is currently working on her first novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744