Aug 8, 2011

Roasted Chicken Curry

Yesterday, I had my first attempt at cooking Indian food.  It was good, but not nearly as good as what I had at my friend Sabrina's house.  At least I tried and will continue making it until it is perfected.  My biggest mistake was putting too much oil in the pan. I cooked this for my brother, his girlfriend and a friend to all of us.  We ate until our belly's were full and we talked and laughed and laughed. This is Sabrina's recipe, so, please try it and let me know what you think. Cooking is like anything else, practice makes perfect.


Marinade:
2 chickens, skinned and cut into about 6 pieces for each chicken.
salt\pepper to taste
1 TBS ginger paste
1/2 TBS garlic paste
3 onions, finely chopped.

Place all of the above ingredients in a bowl and let it marinate for about 1 hour or overnight.  

Ingredients for the Curry:

1-2 tbs ginger paste
1-2 tbs garlic paste
1-2 tbs tomato paste
3 tsp coriander
3 tsp cumin
1 tsp red pepper powder, optional or to taste
salt/pepper to taste
1 - 1 1/2  cups of plain yogurt
6 cloves, whole
2 3-inch sticks of cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/3 - 1/2 cup of oil for frying chicken

Use a large pan or even a wok when cooking this.  Warm the pan on medium to high heat until the oil is hot.  Place the chicken in the pain and cook lightly on each side.  Then remove the chicken from the pan.  Add the spices and simmer for about a minute then add the onion marinade and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.  Next, add the yogurt and place the chicken back in the pan.  Cook on medium heat until the chicken is tender.  Serve with Polao (Indian Rice).  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744