Aug 24, 2011

Kielbasa (Smoked Sausage) with Potatoes and Green Beans

This is a northern dish.  I have lived in Indiana for a long time and didn't have this recipe until a few years ago.  Now, I make it all of the time.  It is simple, healthy and most of all quick to make.  You can bake this or cook it on the stove.  I prefer to bake it.  Of course, the southern girl in me has cornbread along with it.  I usually crumble up the bread and mix it all together.  It looks like slop but tastes so good.



14 oz package of Kielbasa or smoked sausage, I use turkey
6 oz frozen green beans
3-4 medium potatoes, cut into small chunks
salt\pepper to taste
1\2 - 3\4 cup water

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks.  Next slice the sausage diagonally, it looks pretty this way.  I try to balance the amount of green beans and potatoes.  You don't want too much of one and not enough of another.   Place all of the ingredients in a baking dish.  Add water.  Salt\pepper to taste. Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Serve with a salad and crispy bread or cornbread.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Simple yet looks sooooooo good mind you im fasting at the moment lol avything looks yummy... i would love to try this but question I dont know but im having a hard time finding sausages with out the casing of pork.

    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I have a hard time too. I have found very little sausage here where I live that is not pork. That is why I used the turkey.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744