Mar 18, 2015

Stepping Stones



I have the itch to be outdoors.  More importantly, I want to create a beautiful space to relax and enjoy my garden in the backyard. Ever since I can remember I had admired mosaics. Those small scale decorative pieces of art loaded with color and texture lures me like a fish to a worm on a hook.  To look at them they are intimidating. It must take hours and hours to create such a beautiful object.  But I have come to find out that it is fairly simple and not really time consuming as one would think.  On Sunday, I designed my first stepping stone. Someone had given me a lot of glass stones and I was anxious to put them to good use.  I went to the store and bought mortar, grout, a large flat stone, and a trowel.  I was set for my project. Monday, I cemented the stones in place.  Tuesday I added the grout.  Today,I polished the stones and it is garden ready.  I think that I am going to make several of these.  It was fun coming up with a pattern. Not bad for a newby huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744