Dec 5, 2011

What does one do with rice bags?

I guess that I may be wierd, and I will be the first to admit it.  I don't want to throw those rice bags away.  It seems wasteful to put them in the trash. Somehow they can be used for other things.  It doesn't matter if they are made of burlap or cotton.  The zipper will keep things in and the bag may prove to be handy.  Should I hang them on the wall?  Will people think that I am strange if decorate with them?  Oh what to do! 


Why in the world did I buy 20 pounds of rice in the first place?  I must be crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I think they would be beautiful framed and hung up on a kitchen or dining wall, made into the centerpiece of a pillow, or used in a shopping bag. Too pretty to waste, I know that for sure. I have a half-dozen waiting for me to make them into something useful or decorative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I have put my embroidery thread, hoops and needles in one of the bags. Framing the burlap bag is a wonderful idea. I may just do that. We seem to like a lot of the same things from what you have commented about on the blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744