Dec 3, 2011

City of Cholesterol and One of the Fattest Too: Fort Wayne

In Prevention Magazine this month Fort Wayne, Indiana was #2 on the Most Artery-Clogging Cities in America list.  Oh, I am so proud!  (with sarcasm) However, Fort Wayne made another list in 2002 & 2005 as being one of the fattest cities in the nation. Wow!  We promote healthy eating and exercise here.  The mall will allow people to come in and walk for free.  We have the River Greenway, promoting walking and cycling. There are various avenues for exercise and places that promote healthy eating. 


Eat less and move more is easier said than done. The place that I worked before allowed us to take breaks in the mornings and afternoons.  I would walk up to 3 miles a day. I felt great.  Now that I have a different job, my movement during the day is very limited to non-existent.  Instead of working exercise in my work day, I have to make time at night or get up at the crack of dawn. It is hard to stay in shape. Don't you think?  

Picture is from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744