|I think that this is William S. Campbell and Delphia Jane Massey Campbell|
Descendants of James Elbert Campbell
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES ELBERT6 CAMPBELL (JAMES5, ARCHIBALD J.4, JAMES3, ARCHIBALD2, JOHN1) was born 25 Feb 1836 in Greene, Tennessee, and died Jan 1863 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Hamilton County. He married MARY HENSEN 1854 in Georgia. She was born in Marietta, Georgia.
Notes for JAMES ELBERT CAMPBELL:
He was married in 1854 to Mary Henson of Marietta, Georgia. They lived near Cooper Heights, Georgia. Early in the conflict, Elbert volunteered for service in the Southern army and participated in several engagements. Too ill for duty in the two-day encounter at Murfreesboro, the day after the battle he insisted on helping to haul the dead and wounded from the snow-covered battlefield. He worked through the cold answering pitiful cries for help until his feet and lower limbs were frozen. For treatment he was sent by train to the Confederate hospital on Cameron Hill in Chattanooga, where he was placed in a tub of hot water, which caused the flesh to literally fall from the bone. On learning of Elbert's whereabouts, his father rode horseback from his home near High Point, Lookout Mountain, only to find his son in this serious condition. He hastened to brings Elbert's wife but in this lapse of time he had died. His body was hauled by ox-cart to Kensington, Georgia and interred in the Hardin burial plot there. Acorns bearing teeth marks prints found in his pockets tend to confirm the stores of dire hunger and distress the Southern soldiers endured. His widow married Alex Tugent, said to have been one of a notorious marauding gang, and had a daughter Parasada. Married also married ----Roolman and lived in Atlanta. To Elbert and Mary were born three sons: James Columbus, William Ceilsbury, and Monroe, who died in infancy. The two elder sons were reared by their grandparents, James and Sarah Campbell. This is an excerpt from the book: Campbell, Kith and Kin: Descendents of Archibald Campbell and Elizabeth Baker who came from Campbell County Va to Knox County, Tn 1796, written by Grace Ruth Spencer Fassnacht of Chattanooga, Tennessee
Notes for MARY HENSEN:
Married also Alex Tugent and ? Roolman. Had a daughter with Alex Tugent named Parasada.
Children of JAMES CAMPBELL and MARY HENSEN are:
2. i. WILLIAM S CEILSBURY7 CAMPBELL, b. 06 Jan 1858, Georgia; d. 15 Aug 1937, Walker County, Georgia.
3. ii. JAMES COLUMBUS CAMPBELL, b. 14 Jan 1856, Georgia; d. 29 Aug 1930, Wallaceville, Georgia.
iii. MONROE CAMPBELL, b. 1860, Georgia; d. Abt. 1860, Georgia.
Notes for MONROE CAMPBELL:
He died in infancy.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM S CEILSBURY7 CAMPBELL (JAMES ELBERT6, JAMES5, ARCHIBALD J.4, JAMES3, ARCHIBALD2, JOHN1) was born 06 Jan 1858 in Georgia, and died 15 Aug 1937 in Walker County, Georgia. He married DELPHIA JANE MASSEY 18 Jul 1878 in Dade County, Georgia, daughter of WILLIAM MASSEY and MARY A.. She was born 17 Jul 1860 in Walker County, Georgia, and died 17 Mar 1933 in Walker County, Georgia.
Notes for WILLIAM S CEILSBURY CAMPBELL:
In the book, "Walker County Georgia Cemeteries," I found him listed was William S. Campbell. Also, the 1930 census has him listed as William S. Campbell. This has caused some confusion. I sent off for his death certificate and it came back to me as William C. Campbell. Luckily, I have his obituary and the names match up. He died of Hypo static Pneumonia. Hematuria caused by thought to be a renal calculua. I have his marriage certificate and he is listed as J. S. Campbell. On Mamie Campbell's death certificate he is listed as Seal Campbell. His father was listed as W.L. Campbell and his mother Mary Hensen. I was stuck with this information for a very long time.
Notes for DELPHIA JANE MASSEY:
They were married in Dade County by the Justice of the Peace Hugh McKaig. Delphia was about 18 and William (Seal, Ceilsbury) was around 20.
Children of WILLIAM CAMPBELL and DELPHIA MASSEY are:
4. i. WILLIAM ELBERT8 CAMPBELL, b. 13 Jun 1879, Walker County, Georgia; d. 19 Mar 1961, Miami, Dade County, Florida.
ii. JOHN RICHARD CAMPBELL, b. 17 May 1891, Pittsburg, Walker County, Georgia; d. 28 Jan 1939, Chattanooga, Hamilton, Tennessee, Hamilton County.
Notes for JOHN RICHARD CAMPBELL:
He never married. He was a World War Veteran. Lived at 4613 Kirkland Ave in Chattanooga, Tennessee when he died.
More About JOHN RICHARD CAMPBELL:
Burial: High Point Cemetery, Arrangements by J. Avery Bryan Co.
5. iii. LILLIE A CAMPBELL, b. 20 Dec 1898, Georgia; d. Dec 1975.
6. iv. MATTIE OLA CAMPBELL.
7. v. MARY ETHEL CAMPBELL, b. 24 May 1882, Dade County, Georgia; d. 25 Sep 1958, Chickamauga, Walker county, Georgia.
8. vi. MAMIE C. CAMPBELL, b. 31 Mar 1902, Walker County, Georgia; d. 30 Apr 1988, Fort Oglethorpe, Catoosa County, Georgia.
9. vii. DAISY C. CAMPBELL, b. 29 Dec 1888, Tennessee; d. 30 Mar 1940, Walker County, Georgia.