Sep 27, 2016

My take on copying a painting

Have you ever seen a painting that moved you?  I am finishing up a Fine Art class at the local college and it has been challenging to say the least.  One of the assignments is to emulate a painting that you like with a modern twist. Well, I didn't do that. I wanted to see if I could try and make my image look close to the original.  I used the painting by Albert Lynch called Elegante. 


The woman is soft, elegant, with very fine features. I liked how the golden light illuminated her hair from the the side which made her skin look like porcelain. My version is below. 


I think that it turned out well enough for the first try. I would like to try another one and see how it works.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744