Oct 2, 2016

Sensitivity: The Untold Story, A review

A few days ago I wrote a post about sensitivity, especially highly sensitive people.  I ordered a movie called:  Sensitive The Untold Story and it arrived on Friday.  I watched the movie that evening and was thankful that someone out there understands people like me. 

Elaine Aron is the author of the book, The Highly Sensitive person, which I have just begun to read. This movie helped me to see that I am not alone. Whether we believe it or not everyone falls into some kind of category regarding their personality. 

Growing up, I remember biting my nails until they bled because life made me a nervous wreck. My upbringing didn't help my nerves at all. Chaos at home would make me scurry to my room for peace and quiet because I felt emotionally drained and needed a recharge in order to face the world again. Then there were times I would explode because my feelings were very intense about a situation I was put in. Watching horror or gory movies was never my thing. Loud noise makes me crazy. Touching coarse fabrics or paper gives me the creeps. After reading this paragraph makes me appear like an odd ball, but this is how my life is. 

I always loved music, art, poetry, and writing my feelings down in a journal.  I, also, notice details in my surroundings that others just don't see. When I love, it is deeply. I feel with the same intensity. 

High school was a place that I could become invisible among the throng and I liked it that way.  Once I got out into the world things were a bit more tough.  I ended up in jobs that made me miserable or had to deal with a brute for a supervisor. For the sensitive person it was hell. I had a hard time fitting in anywhere. 

If you know someone who is sensitive please have them watch this clip from the movie,  Sensitive The Untold Story. The clip is in English, so don't worry about not being able to understand. ( I am not sure what language is written below) Better yet educate yourself about the sensitive person in your life.  They would greatly appreciate it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744