Jan 19, 2015

A new lens, ice skating, and horses

A few weeks ago, I invested in a new lens.  It was quite expensive, actually cost twice as much as my camera, but purchased it for half the amount of retail and it was still more expensive than my camera.  It is an "L" series, which is more along the professional line for Canon. I went to the ice skating rink and played around with the settings on the camera.  


I captured some lovely pictures such as the one above that I called Concentration or the one below of a man with lovely blue eyes.  


Then there is the beauty with her hair in a bun wondering why I was taking a picture of her. (below)


But today I went to the country to do a little shopping and on the way back home I stopped at an Amish farm and took pictures of the horses.


The beauty of a horse is hard to surpass.  All of my life I have admired these beautiful creatures.


Their strength is daunting to a weakling like me. 


Then there is the kiss that made me laugh.  The horses stood there cuddling for a long time.  

To me it is capturing these special moments that makes life seem tender and sweet. I think this lens is a keeper because I didn't have to work so hard to get lovely pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744