Mar 2, 2014

A Mosaic covered House

The Journal Gazette did a write up about a house in Los Angeles that is truly one of a kind.  I have always liked mosaics and eventually I will try to do one. Aziz and Louise Farnam from Iran began gluing tiles to the outside of their bungalow 13 years ago.  They were inspired by the tiles and lavishly decorated mosques from their native country.  I have to admit when I went to Morocco the tiles there were awesome. I would love to see what the inside of this house looks like.  


Hmmm this gives me an idea...What I would like to do is put some decorative tiles around the front door of my house. This is something that they do in Morocco and I really liked the idea, especially if you live in a place where all of the houses resemble each other. 


What started out as a hobby exploded into this unique beauty. 


Once the first mosaic was put in place the couple began scrounging around for more tiles, plates, and figurines.


                       The pictures came from experiencingla.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744