Jun 2, 2013

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel...a place for seniors

The other day I was thinking about retirement and how long I had until the day I can sleep in.  I still have 13 more "official" years in the working world. It has taken me years to consider myself middle-aged. The thought of moving to another category is not sounding very attractive. There are perks for being over fifty; I can now take classes at the "Community Center" at a discounted rate as long as I can come during the day.  From what I have heard, seniors don't really like taking classes at night. There are the odd two wrinkles above my left lip from sleeping on my belly for so many years and don't talk to me about thinning hair. Overall, getting older isn't that bad, really. When a neighbor of mine told me about a movie she had seen with the cast all being over 65 except for the two young lovebirds, I thought that I wouldn't like it.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel takes place in India. It is a downtrodden old hotel for the aging.  Judi Dench and Maggie Smith are just two from the all star cast. It all starts in England.  Each character is well past their youth and coming into the autumn years of their life.  Due to the high cost of living on a fixed income, the only place to retire would be in India.  This movie is an adventure and I really enjoyed it.  


 

"Everything will be alright in the end, 
if it is not all right, then it is not the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744