Jun 23, 2013

Getting lost in the World of Jane Austen


The realness of life can drag one's spirit down and trust me, mine has been dragging. We can get into a rut and spin our wheels trying to get back out again. Have you ever wondered what it is all for? I mean our lives. The repetitiveness of our existence, it is like living the same day over and over again.  We get up, we go to work, we come home, and then to bed, only to repeat it all for the next 70 years or so, that is if we are lucky enough to reach 70. 



Sometimes it is good just to get away from it all.  I usually do it by reading a good book if I don't have the time or resources to go somewhere.  Over the past couple of weeks I have been spending time in the land of Austen, Jane Austen to be exact. I watched Persuasion a couple of times and NorthAnger Abbey as well. These stories speak to the romantic in me. Having a bit more romance is the one that I wish was more true to life than any other fantasy.  Oh, he must be handsome and sincere, and don't forget that he must be tall and have a fine figure. She is young, beautiful, and have the grace of a dancer plus be very charming.  But what if that story went wrong?  What if in Pride and Prejudice that Mr. Collins married Jane instead of Charlotte?  Then Mr. Bingley became a drunkard. And Mr. Darcy never married Elizabeth Bennett. Oh My! I watched a video on Youtube that was a spin off of sorts to Pride and Prejudice.  It is called Lost in Austen.  Have you seen it?  I am a Jane Austen fan from way back and never tire of watching these stories unfold over and over again.  If you are an Austen fan, you will enjoy this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744