Jun 12, 2013

Oven Dried Tomatoes



Just recently, I started using dried fruits and vegetables in my recipes.  I like tomatoes and peppers that are roasted or dried.  They add that extra bit of umph to a dish.  This is a simple recipe and very easy to make. It will be something that you will want to keep on hand.  I know that I do.

Ingredients:

Plum tomatoes, such as Roma
olive oil
sea salt
herbs such as thyme, parsley, oregano, or basil
garlic minced, optional

Quarter the tomatoes.  I left the seeds. Some recipes say to discard them but that should be a matter of preference.


Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (I put mine at 250 F, it will vary according to your oven). Cover the bottom of a large shallow pan (I used a pizza pan) with olive oil.  Next add the tomatoes, salt, herbs and drizzle with olive oil. Place the tomatoes in the oven and bake for 4-6 hours. 


Put the tomatoes in a small jar or plastic bag.  I covered mine in olive oil.  They will keep for about 6 months.  These can also be put in the freezer.  To rehydrate add olive oil, water, or wine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744