Jun 17, 2012

Ancient Hand Paintings in a Spanish Cave


Hand painting's have been discovered in the El Castillo Cave in Spain.  The coating of the paintings were tested in 11 Spanish caves, researchers found that one is at least 40,800 years old. Can you imagine that the earth is that old? What makes the dating of the Spanish cave paintings important is that it’s around the time when modern humans first came into Europe from Africa.


Scientists claim that Neanderthals were in Europe about 250,000 years ago until about 35,000 years ago.  I have a hard time trying to imagine people being on this earth for so long. Modern humans arrived in Europe about 41,000 - 45,000 years ago, maybe sooner. I would love to go on an archaeological dig sometime. I think that it would be great fun, dirty, and I could meet some interesting people.  I just worry so much about the dirty part and my hair.  Ok, I know that all is vanity...

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744