Aug 16, 2015

Noticing the Sunrise


Today, I woke up early so that I could see the sun rise, which I rarely get to witness.  As I drive to work during the week, I get a glimpse of the spectacular show that we are given every day and wish that I had my camera with me at all times.   


I, also, drive past fields where the morning mist has settled behind a rusty gate offering a look of romance and softness, daydreaming that a horse would suddenly appear and its rider is a cowboy sitting tall in the saddle.   


And the field flowers are glistening with the dew as the light begins to slowly rise over the horizon.  I look on with admiration of the beauty of it all. 



A leaf that has been the breakfast, lunch, or dinner for insects is unusually beautiful as I pass by, knowing that its days are very short. 


The Hollyhocks are blooming until the end, which is an admiral thing to do.  I want my life to be like this until there is nothing left of my existence...going to the grave blooming.


Not only did I get to see the sky and all its beauty but the other forms of it is all around as I meandered back home.  I am reminded of the scene from the movie, "The Color Purple" where Shug Avery and Celie are walking through a field with purple flowers.  Then Shug says "I think that it pisses God off when we walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it." And I think so too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744