May 16, 2015

Rural Indiana


A friend and I went on a four hour tour of Dekalb County, Indiana last Sunday. My friend was donned in jeans, cowboy boots,and a baseball hat. Then we climbed into his old pickup truck for a ride. The truck didn't have any air conditioning and it had winged windows, in order to open them you had to push a button and slide the metal handle up for additional air flow. We drove up and down roads I had never been on before. Then we came upon this scene and I was taken aback. I hadn't been on a dirt road in years. The rusted tin roof of the barn caught my eye and the curve of the road added charm to this nostalgic view. This is how country looks and feels. "Stop the truck!", I shouted. I couldn't miss this opportunity to capture a beautiful shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744