Jul 15, 2014

I should have brought you flowers...


He emerged from the car with a gift. You don't see men carrying these around much. I watched as he made his way to her with his offering of love. All women love them, even if they declare that they don't. He found a vase and put the delicate flowers gently in their new home. They are beautiful. If only she could see them. The sweet perfume of the flower wafted on the gentle breeze to my nostrils but the one they were intended for could not smell them. Did he give her flowers before this? I hope that he did. I continued watching as he stood there talking to her. He looked around to make sure that no one noticed that he was conversing with the invisible. Did she hear him? I felt like a thief observing this intimate encounter. Afterwards, the man turned and walked back to his car. We live between the two eternities, birth and death. She has gone to hers and is patiently waiting for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744