Aug 5, 2018

Murals of Fort Wayne

Fort Wayne has caught on to the mural trend that has been spreading across the country.  Did you know that Philadelphia has at least 3600 murals?  Richmond, Virginia has over 100.  Fort Wayne is the home to about 264,000 residents with a growing artist community that are making their presence known. 



Yesterday a photography friend and I decided to go on a photo shoot downtown. It was one of my goals to photograph the murals that are scattered throughout the city. This is located at 128 W. Wayne Street and the artist is Tim Parsley. 



As I backed into a small alcove to get the above picture I saw this bit of artwork that I am sure not many people see because of its location. 



This mural is located on Harrison Street in the alley.  I caught a glimpse of it as I was driving past and was anxious to get a better look. The artist is Bryan Ballinger or Breadwig. 



This is Midtowne Crossings Association Mural located at 112 W. Wayne Street by Matthew Plett, who is, also, my neighbor. 


The Wunderkammer Company at 3402 Fairfield Avenue has another one of Matthew Plett's work. This facility is in a constant state of evolution.  



The mural below is located at the back of Wunderkammer.  




Hyde Bookstore at 1428 Wells Street commissioned Julia Meek to paint a depiction of Fort Wayne.  Julia is a local artist and radio host on NPR and she works at Hyde Bookstore on the weekends. A very talented lady. 




Morings flowers located 2135 Wells Street has two murals by artist Andre Talamantes. 





Nosego or Yis Goodwin is the artist for this mythical like creatures located at 816 S. Calhoun on the Pint n Slice building. 




Jerrod Tobias is the artist of the Native American and Wild Boar at The Brass Rail located at 1121 Broadway. 


Tobias also was the artist for the Mural across from the Three Rivers Apartments (below) and



the cardinals on the wall at Studio Seva at 3155 N. Anthony Blvd. 


Mad Anthony Brewing Company at the corner of Broadway and Taylor has this lovely new mural located at the back of their building.  Makes you wish that you were taking a relaxing ride in a boat doesn't it? The artist is Shea Rutherford. 


A couple doors down from Mad Anthony's is 20 Past 4. Their mural is fantastical in nature and I love it. Beam me up Scotty! 


My last mural is also at the Corner of Broadway and Taylor. The artist is Laura Hancock and the entire fence is filled with her artwork.



I felt like a tourist as I wandered my city looking for the bizarre, imaginative, and lovely creations that we call art. We should have tours here and call it Art Around Fort Wayne.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744