Jan 21, 2018

Empowering Women


The fog never lifted today. It had rained during the night and the ground was still wet. A Women's Rally was planned at 1 p.m. and I wondered if anyone would show up. I was so wrong. 




Several hundred people showed up, men and women.  If it had been a ball game, then at least a thousand men would have lined the streets to support their team.  Aren't we supposed to be a team?


Courtney Tritch, who is a candidate for Congress, attended this gathering, promoting equality for women. 


I was glad to see that a lot of men attended to support the rights of women.  A Muslim man gladly posed for me and thanked me graciously for taking his picture.   



 In Islam, the mother is greatly honored. It is said that paradise is beneath her feet.  All mothers are precious and deserve the highest of honor with or without a rally. 


Fifty percent of the population is female, but it is the other half that has the power.  Men hold more key positions in our economy than women.  Don't get me wrong.  Women's rights have made great strides in the last century.  We can work, own land, vote,and go wherever we want to. The equality in pay still needs some work done. 


Did you know that 75 percent of the teachers in the United States were women? However, only three percent are on the Board. There are more women than men who work in hospitals, but men are generally in the key positions. I could go on and on. 






A couple of HAMILTON inspired signs made me want to sing.  I bet Lin-Manuel Miranda would have never thought that some lines from his musical would be material for the Women's Movement. 


The fact that so many men, young and old, came to support women thrilled me.  Maybe, someday soon, this will be a non-issue. Do you think that men and women can exist equally?




No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744