Sep 29, 2012

Smith Tower in Washington with a Pyramid House on top



Have you ever heard of Smith Tower in Washington State?  I haven't until a friend showed me a wonderful home that is in the pyramid which is on top of the tower.  The tower is a daunting 35 stories high.  Petra Franklin converted the pyramid on top of the tower into a home. Can you imagine living on top of a building and taking an elevator 35 floors up and down each day?  

I like the large and open living space


But I'm afraid that I would miss having a yard and a place to sit outside. 


Would you ever give up your small or large house that is at street level to live in a high rise?

2 comments:

  1. No I wouldn't want to live up on top of a high-rise building. Too many thunderstorms where I live and lightening strikes high places first....have seen brick pieces laying on the ground that were blown off the top of a 12-story dorm building by lightning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that I would either. I would miss being able to sit outside the most.

      Delete

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=6590297267502949744